This overnight running relay traces the wild and scenic Rogue River through the Cascade Mountains to the wild Oregon coast.
Runners are members of a 12-person team. That team is split into two vans each carrying six runners. Each runner will run three legs of the relay over approximately 30 hours, and each runner will run on average 18 miles.
The vans hopscotch each other through the night with one van of runners sleeping, and the other van of runners continuing the race. Runners continue through the night, with the inactive van driving ahead to a major exchange to rest and refuel. You will be required to show safety gear for your runners at check-in. (The list of required gear is here.)
Every team is required to provide two volunteers. You may choose to “rent” volunteers through us; we use local charities to provide volunteers and pass along your “rent” to them as a donation to their group.
- 12 person or 6 person ultra teams
- 36 transition areas
- Each relay team member runs 3 legs (12-person team) or 6 legs (6-person team)
- Legs are of varying lengths and difficulty
- Relay runners cover an average total distance of 18-20 miles (12-person teams); 35-40 miles (6-person teams)
- Relay begins outside of Jacksonville, Oregon
- Approx 218 mile relay course (view course map)
- Run in beautiful Southern Oregon along the mighty Wild and Scenic Rogue River
- Relay finishes in Brookings, Oregon; your team crosses the finish line together
- Runners receive medals, a tech finisher’s shirt, a pint glass, bragging rights and more great running stories than you will believe